The Belfast News Letter of 14th March 1918 reports:
When the Ulster Tower was opened in 1921 at Thiepval, France, trees were planted in memory of the officers and men who died there. Tree markers were made and erected with the trees. At a later date, after the trees had died out, the markers were disposed of in a skip. Some were rescued and are now in the Albert Museum, France. This marker records a tree planted on behalf of the 'British Legion' by Capt S W Knox.