On 8th April 1941 Nixon joined Northern Bank at Head Office. Transfers followed to Fivemiletown (1941), Shankill Road (1942) and Head Office (1943).
He resigned on 31st October 1944 to join the Fleet Air Arm branch of the Royal Navy. His final rank is detailed as Leading Writer.
Royal Navy - Leading Writer
On 27 January 1947 Nixon resumed duty with the Northern Bank at Head Office. Transfers followed to Grafton Street (1947), Coleraine (1948), Ballymoney (1949), Ballinamore (1953), Carndonagh (1956), Grafton Street (1956), Armagh (1958), Markets (1967), Dromore (1969) and Trevor Hill, Newry (1971).