The website, ww2awards.com records a Roderick Alexander McKitterick with the following details:
- 14th May 1943 - Pilot Officer (on probation)
- 14th November 1943 - Flying Officer (on probation)
- 14th May 1945 - Squadron Leader
The website, harringtonmuseum.org.uk records McKitrick's plane crash over Holland. Similar detail as above.
- 28th July 1953 commission relinguished, Flight Lieutenant on transfer to Army
- 25th September 1953 promotion from Lieutenant to Captain with Officer Number 429994 Royal Army Education Corps (seniority back to 1950).
- 25th December 1953 seniority as Lieutenant (back to 4th May 1945).
- 1st November 1957 promotion to Major (4th November 1957).
- 27th January 1967 promotion to Lieutenant Colonel (31st December 1966).
- 8th January 1974 promotion to Colonel (back to 30th June 1973) - from R.A.E.C.