He was educated in part at the Masonic School, Dublin.
On 7th April 1937 Stronge joined Northern Bank at Head Office. His address at that time was 72 Deramore Avenue, Belfast.
Transfers followed to Lurgan (1937), Head Office (1941), Falls Road (1941), Carrickfergus (1941) and Head Office (1942).
Stronge was ‘Called up on Active Service’ on 2nd March 1943. His rank and promotions are recorded as Gunner, Cadet, 2nd Lieutenant and Captain, Royal Irish Fusiliers with Service Number 327769.
He married Miss A E Quinn of Boyaghan, Irvinestown in November 1945.
On 10th February 1947 Stronge resumed duty with the Northern Bank at Head Office. Transfers followed to Donegall Square – Relief Staff (1947), Newtownstewart (1953) and Portadown (1966).
Stronge carried on his army career in the Territorial Army (TA). In 1958 he is recorded as being the second-in-command of the 5th Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers with the rank of Major.
He received the Territorial Decoration (TD) in 1961.
Stronge is commemorated on the Masonic School Roll of Honour:
First published on 12th November 2012.