Relocation of Northern Bank War Memorial - 1977Following the sale of the Northern Bank former Head Office at 16 Victoria Street, Belfast, it was necessary to remove and re-locate the Northern Bank War Memorial. This Memorial which bears the names of Officials who served in the 1914-1918 and the 1939-1945 wars has been placed beside the Belfast Bank War Memorial in Waring Street branch, Belfast.
The Dean of Belfast, The Very Rev. S B Crooks, M.A., T.D., kindly offered to officiate at a Dedication Service which was held in the Branch on 7th December 1977.
The service, which was attended by ex-servicemen and their guests, was followed by dinner in the Ulster Reform Club. As it has been decided to discontinue the annual dinner the evening was naturally filled with nostalgia.
The Staff Magazine ‘The Link’ (Spring 1978) contains photographs of veterans and guests of the Ex-Servicemen's Association. A few names are known. Please help by commenting.