On 2nd May 1910, Bullick joined Northern Bank at Head Office. By 1911, Bullick was residing at house 36, Railway Street, Lisburn. He is described as a Bank Clerk. In 1913, he was transferred to Ball’s branch.
Whilst in Ball’s branch, he travelled back to Lisburn on 9th September 1914 and enlisted (aged 19) into the 11th Bn. RIR (UVF) under Col. Pakenham for the duration of the war. He saw service with the British Expeditionary Force and was promoted to Lance Corporal in October 1914. He was made Sergeant in December 1914, Company Quarter Master Sergeant in January 1915. In October 1915, he left Bordon Camp for France and is named on the Embarkation List for the 11th (Service) Bn. Royal Irish Rifles (South Antrim Volunteers). Promotion to Regimental Quarter Master Sergeant came in March 1916. Bullick saw action at Somme 1916 (Thiepval), Messines 1917, Ypres 1917 and Cambrai 1917.
He was demobilised in January 1919 and was awarded the 1914/15 Star, the British Victory Medal and the British War Medal. The original medals and leather service number tags have been framed along with those of another Northern Banking Company official, J W Harrip.
Following demobilisation, Bullick rejoined the Northern Bank on 3rd February 1919 at Head Office. A transfer to Ballynahinch followed in 1922. He was back in Head Office (1926) followed by Ederney (1930). By 1938 he was manager of Holywood branch.
Bullick retired on 15th January 1951.
Allister Mulligan posted two photograhs of a postcard on the Caledon and Aughnacloy Memories facebook group. The postcard was posted in 1913 and is addressed to Jas P Bullick at 28 Railway Street, Lisburn.
The following photographs (taken through glass) come by courtesy of Lisburn Museum and its donors.
The death took place at his residence, Wallace Avenue, Lisburn, on Sunday, following a long illness, of Mr. James Parker Bullick, second son of the late Moses Bullick, and a member of the firm of Moses Bullick & Son, painters and contractors. Belfast and Lisburn. Deceased was held in the highest regard by all who knew him. He was a fine sportsman in his younger days, and was a staunch Unionist. He was a member of the Lord Arthur Hill Masonic Lodge, Blaris, No. 147. A sterling Churchman, like his father before him he worshipped in Christ Church. He took a keen interest in the war, and if he died with any regret it was that he did not live to see peace declared, though he had the satisfaction of knowing before the end came that victory was assured.
The funeral took place on Wednesday at noon to the New Cemetery, the cortege being a large and representative one. The chief mourners were -- Maurice and James Bullick (sons), E. Bullick (brother), Edward P. Bullick (nephew), and James G. Bullick, Rathfriland. Wreaths were sent by Mr. and Mrs. Moses Bullick. Ellen and Annie, "All from Daisy Hill" (Newry), Mr. Harry Anderson, and Mr. John Jefferson. Prior to the funeral Rev. R. H. S. Cooper conducted a short service at the house. Mr. Cooper also officiated at the graveside.
The funeral arrangements were carried out by Messrs. Jellie & Fullerton.