was born in 1889.
He is the son of James Grant and Mary Grant. In 1901 the family were living in house 96, Donegall Pass, Windsor Ward, Belfast.
Grant would have joined the Belfast Banking Company around 1906 serving in Drogheda and Lurgan.
He had a brother, Andrew Walker Grant of Northern Bank, Willowfield, Belfast (also O’Connell Street, Dublin – Manager). In 1911, Grant is boarding in house 2 Drumarg or Downs, Armagh Rural, Co. Armagh. He is described as a Bank Official. A possible colleague, Frederick Charles Robinson (Bank Official) is also boarding in this house.
On 28th September 1912, Grant signed the Ulster Covenant at Armagh giving his address as Malart Villa, Armagh.
Grant served with the 3rd Bn. Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers and attained the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. He was awarded the Military Medal. At that time, his last known address was Owestry.
The National Archives records a Medal Index Card as follows:
Royal Fusiliers, PS/6051, Private
Royal Fusiliers, 6051, Sergeant
3rd Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, 2nd Lieutenant
Following his demobilisation after the Great War, Grant returned to work.
Retirement came in 1951. He died on 19th January 1956.