On ‘Ulster Day’, Saturday, 28th September 1912, Braddell signed the Ulster Covenant at the Old Town Hall, Belfast giving his address as 24, Lower Mount Street, Dublin.
On 24th February 1913, a Deed Poll was executed and enrolled changing his name from Claude Braddell Burbridge to Claude Braddell.
Limerick Chronicle, August 1917
Braddell and McClatchie - August 22, 1917, at St George’s Church, Belfast, by the Rev H D Murphy, DD, Claude Braddel, Second Lieutenant Royal Irish Rifles, to Eileen Mary, only daughter of J W McClatchie, Northern Bank House, Donedall Square, W., Belfast.
It is further reported on another website that a Charles Braddel donated the altar, the reredos and credence table at the Cumber Upper Church, Alla, two kilometres south of Claudy in memory of his wife Eileen, 1959. An 18 year old, Eileen McClatchie is recorded in the 1911 Irish Census as living in Lurgan.